Enbridge Gas and the Canada’s Greener Homes Grant have partnered to provide rebates towards eligible retrofits such as windows and doors, and more. This program will help more Ontarians save energy at home.
Eligible participants can receive up to $10,000 in rebates for energy-efficient upgrades to their homes, including replacement windows and doors! As of January 1, 2023, Ontario homeowners must apply to the Home Efficiency Rebate Plus program to access the Canada Greener Homes Grant.
For more information, visit the official website here.
Are you eligible to apply?
All homeowners in Ontario qualify for the Home Efficiency Rebate Plus except:
- Homeowners with properties that are not their primary residence and do not have an active Enbridge Gas account.
- Homes built fewer than six months ago.
- Homeowners who start upgrades before they have the initial energy assessment done.
- Homeowners who have already gone through the Home Efficiency Rebate or Canada Greener Homes Grant programs and maxed out their incentive ($5,000 for non-Enbridge Gas customers and $10,000 for Enbridge Gas customers).
- Multi-unit residential buildings with more than three storeys or that are larger than 600 m2.
- Mixed-use buildings that are less than 50 percent residential.
- Cooperative housing.
For the enhanced Enbridge Gas rebates, homeowners must:
- Be an Enbridge Gas customer and reside or own property in the Enbridge Gas franchise service areas at the time of the pre-retrofit energy assessment, or
- Be converting to Enbridge Gas natural gas.
How to apply:
Your home will need to be assessed for energy efficiency before and after the installation of new windows or doors.
- Book an appointment with Advanced Home Services call us, book on our website, or give our showroom a visit.
- Have an energy assessment done before doing any upgrades.
- At the time of the assessment, tell your Energy Advisor that you’d like to apply to the Home Efficiency Rebate Plus program. Your energy advisor will start your application.
- Proceed with the purchase of your new windows/doors from Advanced Home Services.
- Have another energy assessment done after the installs.
- Submit any required documentation to your Energy Advisor. They will complete your application and submit it to Enbridge Gas.
- That’s all! Your will then receive your rebate cheque approximately 24-30 weeks after your Registered Energy Advisor submits your application. (This is a temporary delay because of an abundance of applications. We are working to process these applications as quickly as possible. Make sure you’ve provided your Registered Energy Advisor with the best address to send your cheque to, so it arrives as soon as possible.)